Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Other Worlds

I grew up being taught that there were other worlds like Earth, and that Jesus was the Savior of all of them. Talk about a jip! Can you imagine being born on some other Earth and hearing about some guy named Jesus who was born on some other planet? That would be like when there's some mega-event and you can go to the movie theater to watch it. Kinda not really the same thing.
However, I was also taught that Jesus could have gone to those other Earths after he teleported away from the BoM people. Which is pretty sweet compensation for the whole crucifixion thing if you ask me. He got to jet set around the Universe and visit other worlds! Sounds sweet to me, but I am a Star Trek fan. On the down side, he did have to teach the same things over and over again. Like the Eagles playing Hotel California for the billionth time. I'm sure he lost some of his pazzaz, unless of course he learned some new tricks or got a truck-a-saurus or something. Who knows the sweet ways Jesus got those alien bastards to swallow the beatitudes. Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the ... wait what's the name of this dump again?

5 comments:

  1. I think the Mormons are trying to get away from teachings like this, but I grew up being taught that too. God has had so many spirit children that he needed several planets for them all. I always wondered why we were the lucky planet that had Jesus die here. My mom told me it was because no other planet had people who were wicked enough to kill the son of god.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, any chance to stress how 'lucky' we are! i was also told that bit about this being the only planet that would actually kill him!

      Delete
  2. So wait... Jesus was the savior or many worlds?! I don't get it. I didn't know that God 'had so many spirit children that he needed several planets for them all." ... Oh facepalm. I'm confused. This is all batshit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. diary. were you seriously not taught this one? jesus is the savior of the universe! not just earth. oh, and yes it is batshit. a steaming pile of crazy guano!

      Delete
  3. "Can you imagine being born on some other Earth and hearing about some guy named Jesus who was born on some other planet?"

    I love that, that is funny. Unfortunately if this was written in scripture believers would believe it regardless. I hope you join my blog i definitely enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete